I (FireFlyGrave) want to share a PowerPoint slide from a presentation in Gartner – Business Intelligence Roadshow 2007 by Andreas Bitterer (‘The Key to Business Intelligence: Think BIG’); it is a very useful Mind-Map in order to see all relations in Business Intelligence:
In the same presentation some problems about Business Intelligence are listed as:
· BI is still often seen as a project.
· Companies have too much BI software.
· Technology cannot solve political issues.
· Dirty data is not the exception.
· Who is the owner of your data?
· Managing information with spreadsheets.
· What is the single version of the question?
I think all of them are still valid issues.
Source: Performance Management Systems